Middle School Division Admissions Guide 2015
Introduction of the school
Established in 1993, Huijia Private School is an internationally focused private boarding school serving students in grades kindergarten through twelve while utilizing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum. The school has gained a reputation for being one of the best private schools in China and for always being at the forefront of educational thought while utilizing the best teaching practices from both Chinese and Western educational philosophies. The beautiful and modern school campus provides a quality educational environment in which students can excel. The school's team of highly trained teachers and administrators encourage and motivate students to learn and to cultivate their creative and exploratory skills as they become globally minded citizens and life-long learners.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is designed as a five-year programme for students aged 11–16. The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. From its beginning, the MYP has been guided by three fundamental concepts that are rooted in the IB mission statement. These three fundamental concepts are: Holistic learning、Intercultural awareness and Communication。MYP focuses on Approaches to Learning and stresses that learning contexts should be connected with students’ real lives and the world they have experienced. The program provides 6 engaging and inspiring global contexts for inquiry. They are: identities and relationships, orientation in space and time, personal and cultural expression, scientific and technical innovation, globalization and sustainability, fairness and development.
The school's unique Chinese and English bilingual study environment includes highly qualified teachers who effectively collaborate together to utilize best instructional practices. Core subject areas include Language and Literature (Chinese), Language Acquisition (English), Mathematics, Sciences (Biology, Physics, and Chemistry), Humanities (Geography, History, Politics, Philosophy, Economics, and Business Management), Design, Arts, and Physical and Health Education. All core subjects are equal and are connected in an interdisciplinary manner through concepts and global contexts.
Extracurricular Clubs and Activities
In addition to academics, the school recognizes the importance of extracurricular activities, and as such, arranges a wide array of clubs and activities to encourage student development and creative expression. Teachers are involved in sponsoring the clubs and activities, and those sponsored by foreign teachers also give students the opportunity to interact in English to further develop their language skills. Examples of various clubs include: Art (painting, pottery, drawing, and photography), Sports (baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, bowling, golf, etc.), Drama, Science, Music, Dance and English. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of talent shows, school performances and drama/speech/debate competitions, as well as many field trips and community service projects.
Huijia recruits students from around the world every year. There are 8 classes in Grade 7, and 30 students in each class. Under certain circumstances we will accept enrollments midyear at the start of Semester 2.Students from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan are welcome and will be accommodated in the same classes as domestic students.
- Please fill our your information online at http://www.huijia.edu.cn/en/admissions/form
- Any student applying to enter Huijia must pass the comprehensive interview and written examination.
- Based on satisfactory results from the interview and examination process, the Huijia Admission Office will send out an acceptance letter. After receiving this letter, parents should schedule an appointment to come to the Admissions Office to complete the enrollment procedures and pay the school fees.
- All money paid by the student will be fully refunded if the student requests the refund before the school starts.
- Insurance will not be refunded if a student leaves during the school year.
- An 80 percent refund of tuition for the current semester and all refund of tuition of the second semester will be made if a student leaves school during the first month of the first semester. A 60 percent refund of tuition for the current semester and all refund of tuition and fees of the second semester will be made if a student leaves school during the second month. No refund of the first semester tuition will be made if a student leaves school during/after the third month, but all tuition of the second semester will be refunded. Refund of tuition for the second semester will be made only if a student leaves school during the break prior to the second semester.
- Refund of accommodation and meal fees will be made based on a student's attendance at school. Partial attendance during any month is considered as a full month. The school year is considered 10 months in length.
Take Freeway G6 north (known previously as Ba Da Ling Freeway). Exit at Bai Fu Quan Road #28 and drive along the side road. Turn right at the first traffic light and continue east. At the third traffic light turn right and continue south to the Jing Mi anal traffic light. Turn left and continue east one quarter mile to the school which is located on the left.