Huijia Primary Admission Guide 2017
Established in 1993, Huijia Private School is an IB World School serving students from kindergarten through Grade 12 utilizing the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum models. The school has gained a reputation for always being at the forefront of educational thought while utilizing the best teaching practices from both Chinese and Western educational philosophy.
Beijing Huijia Private School Primary seeks to offer educational opportunities to all eligible students who identify with the school’s mission and philosophy. Huijia can enroll both Chinese students and students with foreign passports. Students can choose to board or be in day school. For new school year， primary school schedules for 8 new Grade 1 classes which include 6 boarding classes and 2 day-school classes.
Our Vision and Mission
Beijing Huijia Private School is a bi-lingual and bi-cultural school aiming to provide a safe and caring environment in order to help each child reaching their own potential.
We provide differentiated and comprehensive curriculum focusing on the development of students’ physical, social and emotional well-being. Our curriculum is to nurture the spirit of inquiry by fostering intellectual curiosity, developing research skills and the ability to think critically, analytically and creatively.
We applied the concept of “Future School”, which provides advanced educational facilities and learning resources so students can excel.
The school's team of highly trained teachers and administrators inspire and motivate every student to become international-minded citizen and life-long learners.
The Primary Years’ Program (PYP) Curriculum
The International Baccalaureate Organization（IB）PYP program provides a comprehensive curriculum framework for teaching and learning. The program defines six transdisciplinary themes that identify areas of shared human experience and have meaning for individuals from different cultures. Our written curriculum has been designed in accordance to this framework, aligning with the Chinese National Curriculum. We also integrated Ontario curriculum into our language, Art, PE, math, Science and social study curriculum to ensure the rigor in those learning areas. Through each unit of inquiry, students will inquire, make connections, develop conceptual understanding, think critically, work collaboratively, consider multiple perspectives, construct meaning and take responsibility for our actions.
Inquiry, as the leading pedagogical approach of the PYP, is used as the dominant methodology to involve students in their own learning and to be responsible for their own learning. Inquiry allows each student developing their understanding of the world at their own pace.
Our Bilingual Approach of Teaching and Learning
We develop rigorous curriculum to create a bilingual learning experience for our children. There are 3 bilingual models we are using now.
- Immersion model
- Foreign Language Support in the classroom
- Learning English as an Additional Langue
Class placement is based on students’ age and educational background. For certain grade level, students’ English ability will be assessed to ensure their success in the future learning. In exceptional cases, a student may be placed in a different grade only with the approval of the department head. Within the first 2 weeks, the school may advise a change of grade or class after the students’ abilities have been fully assessed or in certain circumstances, may withdraw the placement.
Preschool through year five have a target class size of 20 students.
We strive to help students to reach their full potential in a caring and inclusive environment. Our certain subjects are delivered in English, so applicants will be assessed to determine if they should be enrolled in English learning support program.
Dormitories are designed to create a welcoming atmosphere. The accommodation for students is arranged in units, which is supervised by a “Dorm Mother”. Boarding life is an opportunity for children to live with their peers, to develop their social and communicational skills.
The school provides a wide range of food options from various outlets within the school. Teachers will guide students to choose proper food to provide adequate nutrition they need. Most of the vegetables and meat are from our Organic School Farm. The food materials purchased outside of school go through a very strict testing process before use.
The Health Center it consists of a Health Care Center, Food Safety Examination Room and a Dental Clinic. It will support us to monitor the students’ health level at school. Our Dental Clinic adopts a full set of dental care plans incorporating a range of imported diagnostic equipment developed by leading Chinese pediatric dentists implementing the strictest health and safety standards in order to prevent periodontal disease.
Huijia provides school bus service to transport students to and from school, using safe and comfortable buses and mini-buses. Bus routes serve families in most of the areas of Beijing. A bus service is provided where there is a minimum of 5 students for one given stop.
For Boarders: School bus leaves school at 13:30 every Friday and comes back to school at 19:00 every Sunday.
For Day school Students: Daily bus routes serve only certain part of Beijing and the minimum transportation fee will be charged.
How to Apply
- Please fill our your information online at http://www.huijia.edu.cn/en/admissions/form
- Then contact our admission office to schedule a placement test and parent interview.
- Once the application is complete and all required documents have been submitted, the Admissions Committee, comprised off admissions officers, teachers and others, will review the application and determine the most appropriate placement for the applicant.
- All money paid by the student will be fully refunded if the student requests the refund before the school starts.
- Insurance will not be refunded if a student leaves during the school year.
- An 80 percent refund of tuition for the current semester and all refund of tuition of the second semester will be made if a student leaves school during the first month of the first semester. A 60 percent refund of tuition for the current semester and all refund of tuition and fees of the second semester will be made if a student leaves school during the second month. No refund of the first semester tuition will be made if a student leaves school during/after the third month, but all tuition of the second semester will be refunded. Refund of tuition for the second semester will be made only if a student leaves school during the break prior to the second semester.
- Refund of accommodation and meal fees will be made based on a student's attendance at school. Partial attendance during any month is considered as a full month. The school year is considered 10 months in length.
Take Freeway G6 north (known previously as Ba Da Ling Freeway). Exit at Bai Fu Quan Road #28 and drive along the side road. Turn right at the first traffic light and continue east. At the third traffic light turn right and continue south to the Jing Mi anal traffic light. Turn left and continue east one quarter mile to the school which is located on the left.